- Affirmation without discipline is the beginning of delusion.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better.
- Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
- Either you run the day or day runs you.
- Failure is simply a few errors in judgment repeated every day.
- For every disciplined effort there is a multiple reward.
- Formal education may make you a living ; self education will make you a fortune.
- How long should you try? UNTIL.
- If you don’t like things are change it; you are not a tree.
- Make measurable progress in reasonable time.
- Money is usually attracted; not pursued.
- Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
- Without sense of urgency desire loses its value.
- When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.
He alone is a master of words who speaks short, sweet and clear.
Explanation : Say only those words that are relevant and useful says Thirukkural. It is not the words alone that have impact, it is the way and the intention behind those words that have an appeal unconsciously. Hence talking precisely is more important than elaborate detailing with an intention to impress; express clearly, rest is taken care of.
Manasvi kaaryaarthi na ganayathi dhuhkam na ca sukham
Meaning :- The man of determination considers neither sorrow nor comfort
A person with strong will will not be shattered by difficulties or feel elated by the easy process while performing his tasks and his focus will be more towards sucessful completion of task than being easily influenced by difficulties or comfort
பொருள்: ஒருவன் தான் எண்ணியதை சோர்வில்லாமல் விடாமல் மீண்டும் மீண்டும் எண்ணிச் செயல் பட்டால், அவன் எண்ணியதை அடைதல் எளிது
Meaning : If one can reinforce what one has conceived of doing, then it becomes easy to achieve. Thiruvalluvar here emphasizes the need of reinforcement to make things happen.
பொருள்: துன்பம் வருத்த வருத்த மனம் தளராமல் கடமை ஆற்றுபர், சுடச் சுட ஒளி வீசும் பொன்போல புகழ் பெறுவர்
Meaning :- Just as gold shines well when heated, those who keep doing their duty despite difficulty will also shine.
Explanation – Doing persistently what one needs to be doing is important; yet the issue is how to keep the mind strong when facing difficulty; NLP gives tools to be resourceful to keep doing a task though very difficult on the face of it.
21 Effective Quotations of Swami Vivekananda
1. If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished—mountains can be crumbled into atoms.
2. Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, and live on idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.
3. Come out into the universe of Light. Everything in the universe is yours, stretch out your arms and embrace it with love. If you every felt you wanted to do that, you have felt God.
4. All knowledge that the world has ever received comes from the mind; the infinite library of the universe is in our own mind.
5. Stand up, be bold, and be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creator of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within you. Therefore make your own future.
6. There is no help for you outside of yourself; you are the creator of the universe. Like the silkworm you have built a cocoon around yourself…. Burst your own cocoon and come out aw the beautiful butterfly, as the free soul. Then alone you will see Truth.
7. It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light. First, believe in this world, that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!
8. Hold to the idea, “I am not the mind, I see that I am thinking, I am watching my mind act,” and each day the identification of yourself with thoughts and feelings will grow less, until at last you can entirely separate yourself from the mind and actually know it to be apart from yourself.
9. All love is expansion, all selfishness is contraction. Love is therefore the only law of life. He who loves lives, he who is selfish is dying. Therefore love for love’s sake, because it is law of life, just as you breathe to live.
10. Our duty is to encourage everyone in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
11. Even the greatest fool can accomplish a task if it were after his or her heart. But the intelligent ones are those who can convert every work into one that suits their taste.
12. Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers and let them go their own way.
13. Each work has to pass through these stages—ridicule, opposition, and then acceptance. Those who think ahead of their time are sure to be misunderstood.
14. If you think that you are bound, you remain bound; you make your own bondage. If you know that you are free, you are free this moment. This is knowledge, knowledge of freedom. Freedom is the goal of all nature.
15. As long as we believe ourselves to be even the least different from God, fear remains with us; but when we know ourselves to be the One, fear goes; of what can we be afraid?
16. Your Atman is the support of the universe—whose support do you stand in need of? Wait with patience and love and strength. If helpers are not ready now, they will come in time. Why should we be in a hurry? The real working force of all great work is in its almost unperceived beginnings.
17. Learning and wisdom are superfluities, the surface glitter merely, but it is the heart that is the seat of all power. It is not in the brain but in the heart that the Atman, possessed of knowledge, power, and activity, has its seat.
18. Understanding human nature is the highest knowledge, and only by knowing it can we know God? It is also a fact that the knowledge of God is the highest knowledge, and only by knowing God can we understand human nature
19. Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love.
20. If you want to have life, you have to die every moment for it. Life and death are only different expressions of the same thing looked at from different standpoints; they are the falling and the rising of the same wave, and the two form one whole.
21. Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divinity within by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship or psychic control or philosophy – by one or more or all of these and be free.
Meaning : “Instead of being pulled by senses and run behind those objects of attraction, one must weigh the pros & cons of an action and resort to only good conduct. Then alone one is intelligent.” says Thiruvalluvar
Note : VRNLP training offers ways to channelize thinking and regulate thoughts and guide to take appropriate action at the appropriate time.
OG MANDINO Quotes
” I will persist until I succeed
I was not delivered into this world unto defeat,
nor does failure course in my veins.
I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd,
I am a lion.
I refuse to walk, talk sleep with sheep;
The slaughter house of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed”